Executive Chef Todd Kelly
Todd Kelly, Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage at the Hilton Cincinnati
Netherland Plaza, is responsible for creating the distinct menu for Orchids at Palm
Court, The Grill at Palm Court and The Bar at Palm Court. He oversees all culinary
operations for the restaurants & bar, in-room dining, and banquet and wedding menus
as well as managing a staff of 170. He is also responsible for maintaining the standard
of quality and service that has made the historic hotel famous for 80 years. Kelly
has spent more than 20 years in the culinary industry including time at Ember Grille
in Charlotte, N.C., Peter James Townhouse in Charlotte, and Rubicon in San Francisco.
- American Culinary Federation - USA Chef of the Year, 2011
- Hilton Hotel’s #1 Food & Beverage Hotel in USA, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- American Culinary Federation - Orchids at Palm Court - Award of Excellence, 2007
- Orchids at Palm Court - Named Top Cincinnati Restaurant, Zagat, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Orchids at Palm Court - One of Top 100 Restaurants in USA, Open Table, 2011, 2012,
- Orchids at Palm Court - One of Top 100 Restaurants in USA for Best Service, Open
- Orchids at Palm Court - #1 Restaurant in Cincinnati, Cincinnati Magazine, 2009,
2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Hilton Signature Chef - Todd Kelly, one of only six in USA
- Orchids at Palm Court - AAA Four-Diamond, 2006-current
- Orchids at Palm Court - 5 Stars - Extraordinary (highest rating), Cincinnati Enquirer
- The Bar at Palm Court - Best Martini Bar, voted by readers, Metromix
- Orchids at Palm Court - Best Fine Dining in Cincinnati, Where the Locals Eat (.com)
You can contact Todd at Todd.Kelly@hilton.com
Pastry Chef Megan Ketover
Megan Ketover is a summa cum laude graduate of the Midwest Culinary Institute. Upon
graduation, she worked at the Hilton and then returned to the MCI where she was
the Pastry Arts Chef Instructor/Cake Designer. While at the MCI, she was also the
Prep Chef on The Dish, a local cooking show.
In 2009, Megan won the American Culinary Federation’s Pastry Chef of the Year -
Northeast Region, one of only four in the country!
She has competed on the Food Network’s Challenge and was one of fourteen
“Chef’testants” on Bravo’s most recent season of Top Chef Just Desserts.
She has completed her American Culinary Federation-Certified Executive Chef practical
and is a recipient of the American Culinary Federation’s Presidential Medallion.
Maître d' Charles Redmond
Charles Redmond is the maître d’ of Orchids at Palm Court. Charles is responsible
for maintaining the level of service required at a AAA Four-Diamond fine dining
restaurant. His duties include managing the Orchids staff, developing menus with
clients for private parties and maintaining and updating the wine offerings and
is charge of all food and wine pairings. Charles also works closely with the Executive
Chef Todd Kelly to ensure service is functioning smoothly from the kitchen to the
Charles is a Level II Certified Sommelier through the Court of Master Sommelier.
He is currently studying for his Level III Advanced Sommelier certification. The
Level III Advanced Examination is exponentially more challenging than the Level
II Certified Sommelier Examination and is a required step in the progression toward
the Master Sommelier Diploma. Level III Sommeliers are expected to have a high level
of preparation in terms of theory knowledge, blind tasting skills and practical
Charles has extensive restaurant experience and served as the Service Captain in
Orchids for four years and previously worked at other dining establishments including
Tink’s, Vineyard Café and Lucier in Portland, Oregon.